Thursday, May 10, 2012

Top 10 Reasons on why you should attend the reunion?

10.that has made all the difference! Declared Robert Frost.
Know what might have been missed by not taking the other n-1 paths (n being the number of ‘alter ego’ peers in the batch attending the reunion!)
9.get it off your chest!
Whatever that (positive or negative) thing that has been weighing on my conscience for the past 25 years, an opportunity to let it out!.
8.Recession anxiety!
No one is safe in this recession Economy, Even those who own their own business. It makes sense to spend some time exploring what else is out there that could be the perfect plan B.
7.New beginnings!
May be one of our batch mates would be providing the all important impetus for me to stop doing
what i have been doing with my life and start doing what I always thought I should be doing.
The common academic and professional background may be the reason that my idea does not appear to be crazy to those around me anymore.
6.Networking!
There will never be these many people at one place who sincerely wish me the best, even if they do not like me!
5.a lump in your throat"
Just walk around the campus, breath the air. Recall those dreams. Look in the eye of those naysayers
and thank them if they were right, or stick it to them if you were right.
4.Discover yourself!
We know our friends aren't going to sugarcoat! . Let us recharge ourselves at this stage of life
by getting some raw and unscientific assessment of the journey so far. It is better than that theoritical 'I am OK, you are OK' tripe.!
3.This is it!
Thanks to jasthi and the very few committed individuals, Silver Jubilee reunion is happening and
majority are attending. We all know that the Golden jubilee is just a wishful thinking! This is the only
realistic chance to re-connect with all our friends together in one place or Forever Remain Silent!
2.The best friend paradox!
'My best friend can not make it, No point in me going either'/ 'I can't stand that batch mate, spending
three more days in that horrible person's presence is a punishment' may sound logical but this is the
age of flash mobs and spontaneity!. We just need to live the moment!
1. The ultimate getaway
We get away in two dimensions ( space and time) from the routine. Continuing those never-ending
discussions is the added bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Siva Prasad Pottepalem for compiling the Top 10!

    ReplyDelete